Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jamie Oliver's TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food | Video on TED.com

Alright, I'm going for a change of topic today. I love to eat. I LOVE to eat. My favorite food is tacos and in fact, I see them in my future very soon.

I think my parents did a great job of teaching us to eat right. Every night we sat around our big table (everyone had their own seat) and shared stories, talked about hour day, laughed at jokes all while enjoying a yummy dinner. We were never forced to eat our veggies, but we had to try them. There were things I didn't like but as I grew, I wasn't afraid to try them again and guess what? I like them!

Dinner time was always a special time and I hope people still take the time to cook together and share a meal together. I hope people slow down and re-think the way our industrialized country has led us and that we should go back to our roots. We don't have to all have farms and gardens, but I think we need to be more aware and careful about what we are doing our bodies. And watch out for what food labels are telling us! I think I'd rather have normal sugar than a chlorinated artificial sweetener.

I saw this video on TED and thought I'd share.



Jamie Oliver's TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food | Video on TED.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger