Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WIP Wednesday 9 - Best Pals Pattern (WIP 8 skipped)

So much to do, so little time! I ran out of stuffing and have not been able to do any work on my Best Pals amigurumi dolls! Besides that, there has been a lot going on. All good things though! Here are some photos that cover some of things I've had the opportunity to participate in! I have a nice life with wonderful friends and family.


Hibachi for my boyfriend's and our Chinese guest teacher at my school district/work. She and I agreed the fried rice we made together was better!
---

Golfing for my first time ever! Yes....18 holes. My arms hurt. It was hard. Really hard. It was for a benefit though and we all had fun.
---

My boyfriend's sister and husband came for a surprise visit because they got a new puppy! Isn't she adorable! I hung out with them at an adorable town called Bethlehem and we had tea at an Irish Tea House!

---

So...in the mix though, guess what I did sneak in.

Photo above of me waking up early on the weekend and enjoying coffee, Pandora.com, crocheting and playing on the iPad.

Yup! Some crochet! But since I have no stuffing...I decided to whip out some amigurumi-style iPod Touch pouches! Well, just one is finished. I actually might add some more to him...possibly some tiny arms/legs.


The idea came from my boyfriend's aunt who said she saw a cat zipper pouch with the zipper being the mouth. It was more like a purse or pencil pouch, but I was inspired to make it for an iPod Touch. I started it one night before going to bed and I didn't measure it, so it ended up being a pouch for whatever (which I will improve upon later). But, I think the kitty pouch turned out pretty decent for my first time and have plans for more! Stay tuned...!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I love that pouch! Will you be releasing the pattern? I'd love to make a bigger one for my nook ereader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tami. I was going to make a pattern of the pouches that include making one like the blue one with the open mouth, and a couple others with different faces. You could easily translate the pattern for your nook ereader I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cute, there's a pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger