Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be Thankful

Be Thankful
-author unknown

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,

for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. 

During those times you grow. 

Be thankful for your limitations, 

because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,

because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,

because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who 
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,

and they can become your blessings.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

2 comments:

  1. My father gave this to me when I was young and I read it every now and then, esp. on Thanksgiving (condensed, but still long):
    Oh Lord, I thank you for the privilege and gift of living in a world filled with beauty and excitement and variety.
    I thank you for the gift of loving and being loved,
    for the delights of music and children,
    for the beauties of the four seasons,
    for the powers of the mind which find in the universe an endless and inexhaustible source of interest and fascination,
    for all the senses you have bestowed upon me and the delights which they bring me.
    I thank you for the smiles on people's faces, for the touch of a friend's hand, for the laughter of a child, the wagging tail of a dog and the touch of his cold nose against my face.
    I thank you for people with all their goodness and understanding which so far outweigh their vices. I thank you for all these and many more. Thank you, God, for life itself, without which the universe would have no meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooooove this! i am going to think about this everytime i am feeling not-so-good. i'm gonna copy my favorite lines and put it on my white board :)
    i love you sarah!!!! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger